Sleeping – it’s something we all know we need to do on a daily basis, yet with the constant demands of our 24/7 lifestyles we are averaging less sleep than is recommended. In fact, a study conducted by the Centre of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed that 37.9% reported unintentionally falling asleep during the day at least once in the preceding month, and 4.7% reported nodding off or falling asleep while driving at least once in the preceding month.
Check out the below infographic to learn more about the basics of sleep including the five stages of sleep we go through, how many people suffer from a sleep disorder in the US, the cost of fatigued drivers on the US healthcare system and more.
- During sleep we usually pass through five-phases of sleep – TWEET THIS
- 1 in 3 people in the United States have a sleep problem – TWEET THIS
- Over 35 million people in the United States have a chronic sleep disorder – TWEET THIS
- Every year fatigued drivers cause 1 million road accidents – TWEET THIS
- The annual healthcare cost of fatigued drivers is a whopping 16 billion dollars – TWEET THIS