Across heavy industry, awareness of fatigue risk is growing. In industries such as mining, oil & gas, and construction, worker fatigue regularly causes safety incidents. However, even when fatigue-related incidents don’t occur, fatigue poses significant challenges to worker productivity and unscheduled downtime.
In this article, we’ll look at how we managed to achieve this success, taking a closer look at Fatigue Science’s security practices in our delivery of Readi as a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform. We’ll answer some of the common questions related to the security of our underlying technology, the collection and transmission of data, and what additional security measures are taken to protect your data.
Now, the era of predictive fatigue management technology is quickly changing this picture. With predictive technology, each member of an organization, from top to bottom, has a unique role to play in reducing fatigue. Everyone can now work to a common goal based on the same set of fatigue data.
Readi Enterprise Suite, the Fatigue Management Information System from Fatigue Science, is widely relied upon for its ability to provide objective historical and real-time visibility into workforce fatigue. Now, the release of 14-Day Fatigue Forecasting expands this visibility into the future, providing the world’s first “360º view of fatigue – past, present, and future.” With this advancement, proactive planning measures and proactive safety-critical actions that were previously impossible are now visible and achievable.
When introducing a new initiative into a workforce, it’s important to prepare for feedback, change management, and policy development. With that in mind, Fatigue Science provides a 90-day Pilot Program to help implement Readi™ Enterprise Suite as part of your company’s approach to fatigue risk management.
During your 90-day pilot, a Fatigue Science advisor will work with operations leaders and health and safety managers to understand the outcomes you’re looking to achieve with your deployment of Readi Enterprise Solution. Whether you’re looking to reduce fatigue exposure to improve safety, productivity, or both, an advisor can help select the best staff at your company, and create a deployment plan that fits your pilot objectives.
Readi™ Enterprise Suite
Fatigue Science’s 90-Day Pilot Program gives you the opportunity to trial the Readi Enterprise Suite Solution with leadership, supervisors, and staff:
- Readi provides personal Fatigue Alerts on mobile and wrist with compatible wearables, as well as a daily Fatigue Forecast upon wake-up, providing at-a-glance insight into personal fatigue risks for the day ahead. Users additionally receive sleep and fatigue insights such as a ReadiScore™ that allows them to make better choices based on their risk level.
- ReadiSupervise enables supervisors to monitor current and upcoming fatigue levels of each member of their crew, with an “on-duty dashboard” and risk alert notifications. These tools enable informed interventions in cases of critical fatigue, as well as the planning of key tasks, ultimately driving productivity and reducing accidents.
- ReadiAnalytics™ provides aggregated insights into workforce fatigue at the group-, location-, and organization-level, enabling management to establish a fatigue baseline, identify problem areas, and track improvements over time relative to meaningful targets. Insights for leaders can inform planning for resource allocation, fatigue training, and schedule optimization, further driving safety and productivity.
Your advisor will help to break down the data from each of these applications to target your key metrics, as well as to discuss potential fatigue management strategies.
Orienting Yourself and Your Staff
A pilot program typically lasts three months, which provides time for workforce orientation with Readi, identification of trends, and strategies to reduce fatigue-related risk in your workforce.
A pilot covers all phases of Readi’s use within your organization, from pre-launch and the initial roll-out, managing participation, data collection and analysis, actionable takeaways, and next steps.
By the end of your pilot program, you will be prepared to:
- Understand the level of fatigue exposure across your company. This includes clear takeaways for leadership, supervisors, and staff that can help to reduce fatigue risks at all levels.
- Determine a path forward for utilizing the predictive fatigue risk management tools of Readi Enterprise Suite on an ongoing basis in your operation. This includes a breakdown of the targets that will help you to reach your organizational goals and the methods to measure them.
- Identify and adjust for the root causes of fatigue within your company and implement solutions. This includes adjusting work schedules, optimizing processes, and introducing training to educate staff.
- Understand how daily sleep and fatigue insights can allow participants to optimize their work day, plan for sleep, and increase awareness of heightened fatigue risk.
Talk to Our Team!
As no two workplaces are the same, fatigue risk management strategies must be tailored to meet the unique needs of an organization. Whether your work environment includes shift work, long commutes, or high-risk work, your plan for fatigue management should be comprehensive.
Our pilot program is designed with the complexity of your organization in mind. To speak with one of our advisors about implementing a 90-day pilot within your company, contact our team here.
Interested in learning more about data-driven fatigue management?
or download our free eBook on the Science of Sleep for industrial workforces
About Fatigue Science
Fatigue Science is the leading provider of predictive human performance data in heavy industry, elite sports, and military. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we build software that leverages scientifically-validated biomathematical models in order to quantify and predict the cumulative effects of sleep disruption on human reaction time and cognitive effectiveness. Our solutions enable organizations to optimize operations, reduce risk, and drive performance and productivity improvements — both at an individual- and enterprise-level. With proven impact, return on investment, and significant and growing traction in heavy industry, military, and elite sports, Fatigue Science serves cutting-edge organizations who understand the importance of sleep as well as the value of data-driven decision-making.
Unlike subjective methods for estimating crew fatigue, ReadiAnalytics captures anonymous sleep data from a sample of crew workers and then processes it alongside a variety of circadian factors with a scientifically-validated biomathematical model. The model then quantifies which on-duty crews will be the most and least fatigued, and how that fatigue will trend over time as their shift pattern progresses. Crucially, worker privacy is preserved, as insights are anonymized and aggregated for each crew, site, and the company.
Subscribe To Our Monthly Newsletter